Through Downtown Lock Haven, Inc., business owners, merchants, community volunteers and elected officials work to promote and preserve the economic viability as well as the historic value of Lock Haven.
Downtown Lock Haven is following a proven path of community development and revitalization by implementing the principles of the National Main Street Program, which includes four key areas:
- Organizational development
- Community design
- Community promotion
- Economic restructuring
With its welcoming and walk-able business district, safe neighborhoods and small town charm, our vibrant Downtown Lock Haven is a place where the people of and visitors to Central Pennsylvania come together to nurture their families, find educational and economic opportunity and enhance their quality of life.
Centrally located in Pennsylvania, Downtown Lock Haven offers a friendly environment for simple, yet fulfilling living. That has affordable housing, a broadening institution of higher learning, strong and growing public and private schools, trusted heath care institutions, safe streets and easy commutes to larger metropolitan areas to the north, south, east and west.
A unified and focused effort of downtown businesses, local government, education and residents of the community ensures the success of this vision for Downtown Lock Haven.
Located near the major intersections of Interstates 80, 99 and Route 220 in the heart of Pennsylvania, Downtown Lock Haven is a Haven for:
- Lock Haven University. As home to Lock Haven University, the fastest growing university in Pennsylvania's system of higher education, downtown Lock Haven is a home away from home for university students, staff, alumni and their families and friends.
- Outdoor recreation enthusiasts. Downtown Lock Haven is the ideal location as a gateway to year-round outdoor and recreational opportunities offered by Central Pennsylvania's vast forestlands - starting with Sproul and Tiagadhton State Forests, the scenic and wild West Branch of the Susquehanna River and its main tributaries, Bald Eagle, Fishing and Pine Creeks.
- Artists and Art Enthusiasts. With its rich historic architecture and river heritage, Downtown Lock Haven will provide a retreat for artists and art enthusiasts, offering opportunities for creative discussion and expression.
- And families. Offering a wide array of retail, service and dining establishments and a full calendar of activities, Downtown Lock Haven provides a safe inviting environment for families to live, work, shop and play.